[m-users.] 22.01 beta release available

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Wed Jan 26 23:49:52 AEDT 2022

Hi Fabrice,

On Wed, 26 Jan 2022, Fabrice Nicol wrote:

> Ah. Alert definitely NOT lifted.
>
> ROTDs and the beta release, ** on GitHub's release section ** do NOT have mercury_compile.c under compiler/

No, when git was importing the source distributions into the
mercury-srcdist repository it was not including any files that matched
patterns in .gitignore files; this unfortunately included all of the .c
files in the compiler directory.  I've fixed / updated the script that
does this, so rotd-2022-01-26 on github should be correct.  (This was
working in the past, so I'm not quite sure what changed.)

This seems to have been broken for a while, however no-one complained

> Packages do not have the same checksums as on the official Mercury Language download page.

In general they won't have the same checksum, even when they include all
the required files ;-) The packages on the download page are produced
locally on the host that builds the source distribution; github
creates the ones available on github based on what's in the
mercury-srcdist repository.  Differences in file metadata, compressions
settings etc mean they won't have the same checksum.

> Huh. Checksums...

... wouldn't really have helped in this case.  The underlying problem
has nothing to do with the integrity of the downloads.

Julien.