[m-users.] GPL License Questions

David Epstein davideps at umich.edu
Mon Jan 17 06:11:36 AEDT 2022

I chose to develop an adventure story phone app with C# so I could compile
for both Android and iOS, but I've read that the inclusion of GPL code like
Mercury would stop me from selling in the Apple Store
<https://www.zdnet.com/article/android-vs-iphone-the-gpl-question/>.
Usually when an author writes a book, the capitalized nouns (character
names, places, etc) belong to that author. If I'm using Mercury to
formalize the nature and behavior of places, characters, and equipment --
and must release that code under the GPL as well -- do I then lose
ownership over all those elements?