[m-users.] Mercury Docker images: current status and occasional issues

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Apr 12 13:22:55 AEST 2022

Hi Fabrice,

On Mon, 11 Apr 2022, fabrice nicol wrote:

> Linux-based Docker images with current ROTDs (all grades) and a bunch of tools have been automatically released since late January.
>
> Three Linux distributions are proposed: Ubuntu 21.10, Gentoo (current main) and Alpine (latest):
>
>       https://github.com/fabnicol/ubuntu4mercury/actions
>
>       https://github.com/fabnicol/gentoo4mercury/actions
>
>       https://github.com/fabnicol/alpine4mercury/actions
>
> About 220 images have been released on a weekday basis so far, with a rate of failure of about 8 %.
>
> Most failures are caused by mercurylang.org server rejecting a wget call.
>
> This could probably be avoided if the webmaster would consent to adding calls coming from Github Actions servers to some sort of white list.

We were blocking a bunch of Azure IP addresses.  I suspect this was
problem. I've tightened things up a bit, so hopefully it works now.

> Otherwise I'll switch wget calls to Mercury Github releases, but these usually come out with a small lag.

It should be a very small lag; the releases on github are usually
updated just after the ones on dl.mercurylang.org are.

> Note:
>
> DockerHub paths are:
>
> https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/fabnicol/gentoo4mercury
>
> https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/fabnicol/alpine4mercury
>
> https://hub.docker.com/repository/docker/fabnicol/ubuntu4mercury
>
> (About 1,000 pulls to date, which is a bit unexpected).

We should add a link from the website.

Julien.