[m-users.] Just saying thank you, determinism rocks.

Sean Charles (emacstheviking) objitsu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 18:45:30 AEST 2021

To Zoltan, Volker, Fabrice, Julian, Julien, and anybody and everybody else who has put up with my recent flounderings whilst getting to determinism.

It clicked, finally, a few days back… I was thinking about hardware logic circuits, triggered by a wikipedia page about AND/OR trees, and it just all fell into place about det, semidet, nondet blah blah yadda yadda.

I still have a few grey areas about cc_multi and cc_nondet but I can live with that. Basically I sat and wrote down some study goals and then over the last 23 days (according to my project diary) I’ve been poking and prodding the compiler by writing a `det` predicate and then breaking it, unbreaking it etc etc.

In the last week I have made fantastic progress with my language project, I look forward to compiler errors. It’s a FANTASTIC language as I always knew it would turn out to be and I shall be doing my bit at some point to spread the word.

Thanks again.
:)
Sean.