[m-users.] Error during upgrade to rotd-2015-10-08 and MinGW-cross

Dirk Ziegemeyer dirk at ziegemeyer.de
Mon Oct 12 05:23:54 AEDT 2015

Hi Peter,

> README.MinGW-cross is incomplete (I will update it).
> It assumes the PATH includes both the bin directory of the
> cross-compiler and, secondarily, the bin directory of the native
> compiler.

> Otherwise, you should symlink/copy all the native binaries into the bin
> directory of the cross-compiler.  For every .exe file there should be
> a native binary alongside it.

Creating the symlinks did it. Thank you.

The file README.MinGW-cross may need an update:

git clone -b stable https://github.com/mxe/mxe.git
didn’t work because the stable branch doesn’t exist. I just cloned without „-b stable“.

Neither the default host option nor „x86_64-w64-mingw32“ functioned. I used
--host=i686-w64-mingw32.static

I was confused about „Then install Mercury as usual: mmake install -j6“.
The installation instructions in the file „README“ are:
make
make install

Best regards,

Dirk