[m-users.] Error during upgrade to rotd-2015-10-08 and MinGW-cross

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 11:00:55 AEDT 2015

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:20:15 +0200, Dirk Ziegemeyer <dirk at ziegemeyer.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I’d like to compile an application as a Windows .exe file.
>
> I decided to give MinGW-cross a try because it is much faster to „make install“ Mercury directly on a Mac instead of installing Mercury inside a VirtualBox with a Windows guest OS. I’m not sure if this is supported, because I ran into an error during installation of the library mercury-csv.
>
> At first I installed the latest rotd-2015-10-08 with installation method from README.MacOS and I was able to compile my application with this version. (Note: I did not recompile mercury-csv with rotd-2015-10-08 and left the mercury-csv-library installed that I compiled with rotd-2015-02-20. I’m not sure if this is valid, but it worked.)
>
> Then I installed Mercury with installation method from README.MinGW-cross based on MXE cross compiler. The installation passed without errors.
>
> But during making the mercury-csv library with MinGW-cross, an error occured.
>
> I’m not sure if this error is caused by my upgrade to rotd-2015-10-08 or by MinGW-cross or by anything else.

Hi,

README.MinGW-cross is incomplete (I will update it).
It assumes the PATH includes both the bin directory of the
cross-compiler and, secondarily, the bin directory of the native
compiler.

Otherwise, you should symlink/copy all the native binaries into the bin
directory of the cross-compiler.  For every .exe file there should be
a native binary alongside it.

Peter