[m-users.] Signal 253 error on MinGW32 during compilation of module with a large table

Dirk Ziegemeyer dirk at ziegemeyer.de
Fri Feb 20 06:08:10 AEDT 2015

Dear Sebastian,

> Am 18.02.2015 um 10:44 schrieb Sebastian Godelet <sebastian.godelet at outlook.com>:
>
> For your second issue, can you try to open the Mercury cmd environment and use 'set LANG=en_us.utf-8' and the same for the LANGUAGE environment variable. Maybe also apply your TMP workaround here.
> Then invoke 'chcp 65001' for switching to the utf8 codepage. Finally invoke the Mercury compiler as usual.
> Maybe that will fix your problem.
> Note by using the Mercury compiler installed from the binary distribution and invoke the Mercury cmd environment then 'sort' and alike will be the msys GNU version and not the one from Windows.
> Hope I could help,

I didn't mention, that I invoke Mercury from the MinGW MSYS shell and
not from the Windows cmd.exe.

By the way, a sort program is present within my MSYS shell:
$sort --version
sort (GNU coreutils) 5.97

After a fresh MinGW installation, the variable $TMP in the MSYS shell
has the value "/tmp".
The directory /tmp is mounted to C:\Users\dirk\AppData\Local\Temp

It seems that some temporary files are stored in $TMP but that there
is a missing slash somewhere.

The compiler error message before my $TMP workaround was
"sort: open failed: C:/Users/dirk/AppData/Local/Tempmtmpml1ugf: No such
file or directory".

Best regards,
Dirk