[m-users.] Signal 253 error on MinGW32 during compilation of module with a large table

Sebastian Godelet sebastian.godelet at outlook.com
Wed Feb 18 20:44:14 AEDT 2015

Dear Dirk,

For your second issue, can you try to open the Mercury cmd environment and use 'set LANG=en_us.utf-8' and the same for the LANGUAGE environment variable. Maybe also apply your TMP workaround here.
Then invoke 'chcp 65001' for switching to the utf8 codepage. Finally invoke the Mercury compiler as usual.
Maybe that will fix your problem.
Note by using the Mercury compiler installed from the binary distribution and invoke the Mercury cmd environment then 'sort' and alike will be the msys GNU version and not the one from Windows.
Hope I could help,

Cheers Sebastian

--
Sorry for maybe incorrect line indentation, I'm writing using a mobile browser.
Also I had to change my email address since Gmail is blocked at my current location.