[m-users.] Mercury on ARM

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Wed Jun 5 15:02:11 AEST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Tycho Luyben wrote:

> stack_t is defined in linux/signal.h while it includes signal.h ;
> you're not supposed to include linux/signal.h at all I think. By just
> copy/pasting the stack_t definition into mercury_signal.h it compiles
> again, but then drops out on missing siginfo_t. That means i'm stuck
> as siginfo seems to be huge *and* seems to be included from signal.h
> and yet it cannot find it.
> Any ideas?

There is a more general problem on Linux here (i.e not restricted to the
arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi architecture).  On my
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu box (Ubuntu 12.04), compiling the following
program with gcc is fine:

    #include <ucontext.h>
    int main(void) { return 0; }

whereas compiling it via the mgnuc script results in error message
about stack_t not being defined.  So, there seems to be some issue
with the header files (or how Mercury is using them) on some Linux
systems and / or with how the mgnuc script is invoking gcc.

I will take a look into this.

Cheers,
Julien.