[mercury-users] prallel grades in windows

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Mon Sep 13 11:15:33 AEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Sergey Khorev <sergey.khorev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone use parallel grades under Windows?
> pthread_t is a structure in pthreads-win32 2.8.0 so I had to update
> some Mercury runtime code which uses comparison and assignment from
> NULL.
> extras/concurrency/philo runs ok for some time in hlc.par.gc but then
> crashes with corrupted stack making it very difficult to track its
> cause. Any ideas?

In the past (I think around 6-8 years ago) I ran a number of programs
in the hlc.par.gc grade using MS Visual C as the C compiler and
pthreads-win32 as the pthreads library.

Regarding debugging the segmentation fault, you will need to use gdb
to dig into what is going on.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Pete