[mercury-users] Building Mercury library DLLs with grade IL?

Peter Ross pro at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Jun 8 08:23:21 AEST 2007

On 6/7/07, Eric Taucher <gluon at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I am curios to know if it is possible to install only the asm_fast.gc grade
> of the compiler and then using only the built in Makefiles, generate the
> Mercury libraries as DLLs with grade=IL. So far, all my attempts at this
> have failed to some extent. Is this even a reasonable expectation given the
> current state of the IL grade for the Mercury make process?
>

> If so, how is it done?

This is what I do when trying to debug these sort of problems.

Build a compiler in one directory in the grade asm_fast.gc.decldebug,
this will allow you to debug what is going on.  To do this add the
following line to Mmake.params (you will need to create the file in
the root directory of the check-out)
GRADE=asm_fast.gc.decldebug

The check-out a fresh compiler.
Create a file called Mmake.params, in this file add at least the line
GRADE=il

then use
MERCURY_COMPILER=path_to_your_debug_compiler/compiler/mercury_compile
mmake library

and the build process should build the library in the il grade.

See http://www.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/information/developers/remote_cvs.html
for how to get remote CVS access.