Res: [mercury-users] Generating small and fast binaries in Mercury

Alexsandro Soares a_s_soares at yahoo.com.br
Mon Jul 2 02:17:28 AEST 2007

Thanks for your answers, Julien and Bartlomiej.

> Of the compiler itself, or of something you're compiling with it?

The second option: something I am compiling using the this modified compiler .

I just finished to compile Mercury on Windows XP using Cygwin, the entire process (make and make install) lasts 25 hours in my machine (Pentium III, 500Mhz, 512 Mbytes ). What's the reason behind of so slowly compilation process?

I'm trying to build a Mercury compiler which targets MinGW from Cygwin. My Cygwin version of Mercury is ok and the path is ok too. However, when I configure the source distribution of Mercury using:
     ./configure --prefix=/cygdrive/c/mercurymgw --with-cc="gcc -mno-cygwin"
I get the following message:
     configure: error: Cannot determine the length modifier for the MR_Integer type.

There are any step-by-step instructions to do this compilation without errors?

Alex