[mercury-users] To the developers of Mercury!

RMJ radse1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 21:24:17 AEDT 2007

Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:vim/syntax/mercury.vim (in the mercury-compiler distribution) has all
the keywords that have been considered worth adding, plus a few other
rules for syntax highlighting.  While it doesn't necessarily highlight
everything that I might highlight, it does a pretty good job.

What are you using/modifying to build your IDE?  Is it available
anywhere to look at, or are you waiting until it is considered
finished to some degree?

Jon
Lets face it, an IDE only for Mercury should have the best/perfect highlighter and code completion. I don't think vim's falls in that categeory. It's up to the developers now to make it possible for me to make such a highlighter and code completing features, or not.

Merca (that's its name) is usable now (even it compiles and runs what you create in it) but still there are several gaps that must be filled before I release it for testing. If the developers (of Mercury) decided to, then it will be distributed with Mercury. Otherwise, I can send it to any one who requests it as long as I'm on this list and improving/adding features to Merca while I'm building my own project using Mercury.
I hope Mercury developers read our postings. Well maybe they don't want a contributed IDE for their work, who knows?

Rod

http://mail.yahoo.com