[mercury-users] Confusing Compliation Error.

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 15:42:12 AEST 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 03:27:55PM +1000, Paul Bone wrote:

> Hi Guys.
>
> I'm getting a odd compliation error:

Nevermind.  I worked it out. or at least what was causing it.

Looks like my program was syntatically, type and mode correct but not
semanticly correct.  So mercury was able to apply all sorts of
transformations with my error remaining which caused the displayed
error.  What I had done was something like:

some_predicate(Arg1, Arg2, constructor(Value, _)) :-
    another_predicate(Arg1, Arg2, different_constructor(Value, _)).

I had added a second value to all my constructors so I'd been editing
palces in the code that used it adding the 2nd argument of _ when it
wasn't nessacary.  but incorrectly in this case.