[mercury-users] Cross-compiling Mercury

Fergus Henderson fjh at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Sep 18 12:34:46 AEST 2006

On 16-Sep-2006, Sergey Khorev <sergey.khorev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to cross-compile Mercury to use it on another system. I have
> cross-tools installed but can't figure out the correct combination of
> --host, --build and other command-line flags for configure.
>
> I'm wondering if it is possible?

The Mercury configure script doesn't support cross-compilation using the
standard cross-compilation options (--host and --build).  Or at least
it didn't last time I checked.

I think it probably is possible to cross-compile, but it will require
a bit of manual tweaking.  tools/bootcheck does a three-stage
bootstrap, but for cross-compilation you should only build the first stage
compiler.  You probably need to invoke configure using --with-cc=foocc
where "foocc" is the name of your cross-compiler, and you may also need
to also override the linker.

--
Fergus Henderson                    |  "I have always known that the pursuit