[mercury-users] Mercury on Java and mercury.runtime

Valeri Geiser valeri at a-little-bit.de
Mon Nov 21 23:57:30 AEDT 2005

Hi all,

>enum.java doesn't exist because it is renamed to mr_enum.java.  This is
>because enum is a keyword in recent versions of java and you can't
>use a keyword as a class name.  (If the mr_enum.java cannot be found
>then it looks like the library Mmakefile needs updating.)
>

>>After that, it complains that it cannot find
>>mercury.runtime, and consequently has a lot of errors compiling.  How is
>>mercury.runtime built on Java, and where is it?
>>

>The java runtime is in jave/runtime.  IIRC that java runtime
>has been broken for a while now so it probably won't work.

I had the same problem with the 0.11-Version and fixed all the files by
hand (I guess that it was only setting the package names right or moving
some files - sorry, dont remember at the moment) and it worked. But I
only needed a couple of simple test classes - if you want to write a
"really" program it might be invconvenient, of course...

Cheers,
  Valeri