[mercury-users] Mercury on Java and mercury.runtime

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Nov 21 15:06:27 AEDT 2005

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005, Jonathan Morgan wrote:

> Now I've started trying to build the Java grade on Cygwin, using the Java
> SDK 1.3.  Mercury builds all the Java files correctly, but then, when it
> tries to build the library with javac, it first complains that enum.java
> doesn't exist.  This seems to be because enum.m is entirely interface, so I
> removed that dependency.

enum.java doesn't exist because it is renamed to mr_enum.java.  This is
because enum is a keyword in recent versions of java and you can't
use a keyword as a class name.  (If the mr_enum.java cannot be found
then it looks like the library Mmakefile needs updating.)

> After that, it complains that it cannot find
> mercury.runtime, and consequently has a lot of errors compiling.  How is
> mercury.runtime built on Java, and where is it?

The java runtime is in jave/runtime.  IIRC that java runtime
has been broken for a while now so it probably won't work.

Cheers,
Julien.