[mercury-users] Re: Help with Mercury

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 9 08:49:03 AEDT 2005

Hi Richard,

please send requests like this to the Mercury Users' mailing list: the
Mercury Bugs list is just for reporting bugs.

Richard Snyder, Tuesday,  8 March 2005:
> I am a student at Towson University and a project that was assigned to me
> was to use the Mercury Programming Language to find and count positive and
> Negative numbers in an array of 10 integers.  I am unable to get anything
> started in the Mercury langauge. I can't even get the compiler to run at
> all.

We're very happy to offer assistance, but it's hard to help without more
information.  How exactly do you try to run the compiler?  What output
is printed when you try?  Did you install Mercury yourself?  Which
version are you trying to use?

> I need help becasue this project is due and I cannot change the
> language.  Please, I have been looking all over the web for help, can
> you help me either get the compiler running, or advise on how to code.
> Some quick tips on how the language coding algorithms work would work
> too, I just need to get something turned in so I don't fail.

Are you sure your assignment is to use an array and not a list?

I've attached the gzipped postscript of the first few chapters of a
tutorial text book on Mercury which should be some help.

Cheers,
-- Ralph