[mercury-users] Trailed version arrays?

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon May 17 20:15:38 AEST 2004

Peter Hawkins, Friday, 14 May 2004:
> Hi...
>
> I don't suppose anyone has a trailed version array implementation hanging
> around? Backtracking and version arrays don't mix too well... (to the extent
> that varray ^ elem is taking something like 25% of my program's runtime).

I won't be back from my hols until next Tuesday, so a trailed version
array module will have to wait until then.  IIRC, you can use the copy
function in that module, at judiciously chosen parts of your program, to
obtain an "optimized" version array.  (varray.m doesn't trail for
performance reasons, but I have no problem adding a trailed update
option.)

-- Ralph