[mercury-users] Mostly unique modes?

Peter Hawkins peter at hawkins.emu.id.au
Mon May 17 12:01:22 AEST 2004

Hi...

Does anyone have some sample code using mostly unique modes? The only
documentation I can find is the Language Reference manual, which merely
states how they are defined, not used.

A bit of googling turned the FD constraint solver MROPE II, which claims to
use mostly unique modes in the way that I would like to use them. However,
that code simply has the mostly unique mode declarations commented out, which
makes me suspicious...

Can anyone give me an example of the use of mostly unique modes?

(Incidentally, is there a particular problem if I lie to the compiler about
the purity of my code? In what circumstances will it bite me?)

=)
Peter