[mercury-users] To the mercury makers: Mercury unification papers??

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed May 5 18:05:54 AEST 2004

On 05-May-2004, Stefan Hinterstoisser <supersteveee at gmx.de> wrote:
> Do you have any reference
> material or papers about unification in Mercury (maybe papers with some
> examples) and about the technics you use (like backtracking, search
> algorithms you use etc.) that you could send me (or showing me where in the
> web I can find them)??

I have no idea what kinds of material you are after. Mercury unification
doesn't use backtracking or search, and the theory is the standard logic
programming equality theory.

If you want to clarify your needs in person, I suggest you go to Peter
Stuckey's office; I am in Europe at the moment.

> And another question is where I can find something about the command
> :- pragma promise_pure(pred...).

In the language reference manual, which is available on the Mercury web site.

Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~zs/
Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering, Univ. of Melbourne