[mercury-users] Compiling Mercury on Redhat 7.0

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu May 15 14:59:41 AEST 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:09:57PM +1000, Michael Day wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build Mercury rotd-2003-02-23 from source on a machine
> running RedHat 7.0 with no version of Mercury installed.
>
> The configure script says that no C file need to be rebuilt as they are
> compatible with configured settings.
>
> However when make gets to the compiler directory, it calls "mmc make"
> which attempts to compile .m files using the Mercury compiler, which of
> course doesn't exist as it hasn't been built yet. Is this normal?
>
> I should point out that the compilation is taking place on a vfat
> filesystem, which doesn't have permissions or symbolic links. But that
> should not cause any problems, should it?

Maybe it is a problem with the time stamps.  Have you checked that that
all the .c_date files have more recent time stamps than the .m files?

BTW, given that the date on your email is still 10 minutes in the
future, maybe there is a problem with the date setting on the machine.

David
--
David Overton                  Uni of Melbourne     +61 3 8344 1354
dmo at cs.mu.oz.au                Monash Uni (Clayton) +61 3 9905 5779