[mercury-users] Compiling Mercury on Redhat 7.0

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Thu May 15 15:09:57 AEST 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to build Mercury rotd-2003-02-23 from source on a machine
running RedHat 7.0 with no version of Mercury installed.

The configure script says that no C file need to be rebuilt as they are
compatible with configured settings.

However when make gets to the compiler directory, it calls "mmc make"
which attempts to compile .m files using the Mercury compiler, which of
course doesn't exist as it hasn't been built yet. Is this normal?

I should point out that the compilation is taking place on a vfat
filesystem, which doesn't have permissions or symbolic links. But that
should not cause any problems, should it?

Thanks,

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!