[mercury-users] This time...

Michael Day mikeday at bigpond.net.au
Fri Sep 28 13:06:56 AEST 2001

I realise people must be getting a bit tired of these, but this is what I
get halfway through a stage2 mmake install after a successful
tests/bootcheck:

../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_gcollect'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_gc_no'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_get_heap_size'
../browser/libmer_browser.so: undefined reference to
`MR_grade_v3_asm_fast_gc_tags2_picreg'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_get_bytes_since_gc'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_free'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_stackbottom'
../browser/libmer_browser.so: undefined reference to `GC_malloc_atomic'
../browser/libmer_browser.so: undefined reference to `GC_malloc'
../library/libmer_std.so: undefined reference to `GC_realloc'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [libmer_trace.so] Error 1

Guess I'll try again from the beginning, but this time using the new
compiler that was partially installed to compile itself out of cvs, or
just ignore the other grades I suppose.

Michael