[mercury-users] Extensive tutoring in Mercury

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 19 00:25:47 AEST 2001

> I am finding the Mercury reference manual tough going.
> I followed Ralph Beck's (excellent) introduction with
> no problem, but I don't have the background to understand
> all the precise but highly technical vocabulary used in this
> manual.
> I would just start littering this mailing list with 1 question
> per sentence from the manual until I got through the manual,
> but I don't want to be a nuisance.

I'm glad the tutorial was helpful.  There are plans to write a
book or two, including a complete tutorial, but they probably
won't get going until Q4 of this year.

If you want to e-mail me with any questions, I'll do my best to
answer them; the feedback will be useful when I get round to
a proper treatment of the subject.

Don't be put off by the reference manual.  It really is a reference
and even experts can find parts of it somewhat opaque.

> If some sort of low-cost commercial support is available, I would
> be happy to pay.

Heh, if I wasn't already employed I could freelance as a
consultant at this rate :)

-- Ralph