[mercury-users] MCORBA woes

William Lee Irwin III wli at holomorphy.com
Sun Nov 5 19:04:10 AEDT 2000

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 06:43:32PM +1100, Tyson Dowd wrote:
> Are you sure you have installed the CVS build of Mercury and you are
> using it?  It looks like an earlier version is in your path (e.g.
> something many months old -- possibly 0.9.1).
> I just downloaded MCORBA 0.3 and built it just fine using
> Mercury Compiler, version rotd-2000-11-02, configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu
> so my first guess is that your installation is a problem, but let me
> know if it appears OK and we can look into it further.

I'm checking out the source from CVS and building a deb from it, and see
the following rather discouraging message:

dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.8.1.rotd19991025-2

I'm guessing this is just an artifact of the Debian changelog not being
updated, but this begs the question of which branch should be used. I'm
not even sure what the names of the branches are, in all honesty. Are
they listed anywhere?

Thanks,
Bill
--
<pan2:#math> when i was a kid i behaved like a polynomial