[mercury-users] MCORBA woes

William Lee Irwin III wli at holomorphy.com
Thu Nov 2 17:12:46 AEDT 2000

I'm trying to try out MCORBA, and I'm running across a few troubles:

First, a bizarre grade has appeared:

MERCURY_C_COMPILER=g++ ml --make-shared-lib --grade asm_fast.par.gc \
		-o libcorba.so corba.pic_o omniorb.pic_o \
		-lomniORB2 -lomnithread -lpthread

This of course results in

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmer_std
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [libcorba.so] Error 1

Next, I try to mmake GRADE=asm_fast.gc and errors such as:

corba_parser.m:1514: Syntax error at token ':=': operator or `.' expected.
corba_parser.m:296: In clause for predicate `corba_parser:parse/3':
corba_parser.m:296:   error: undefined symbol `^/2'.

occur. I believe they're due to ^/2 in module int shadowing the field
access and update operators.

I thought I had a CVS build of mercury (built last week)... what's
going on here? Do I need an earlier version, or is CVS not the way
to go, or am I doing something else wrong?

Cheers,
Bill
--
"Doubtless every reader has heard something of the ingenious theory of
monads --- miniature replicas of the universe out of which everything