[mercury-users] Compiling mercury on a glibc2.1 linux computer

Warwick Harvey wharvey at cs.monash.edu.au
Tue Aug 10 10:28:54 AEST 1999

Tyson wrote:
> On 07-Aug-1999, Issarlk <issarlk at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > I download a release of the day and it compiled fine ; thanks for the
> > help.
> >

> > (the egcs (2.91.66) that ship with Redhat 6.0 linux works well to
> > compile mercury).
>

> Can you confirm that it only uses asm_jump.gc grade as the default
> grade?

If you want any help diagnosing Red Hat 6.0 and/or glib 2.1, I'm currently
running Mercury under both 5.2/2.0 with egcs-1.1b-2 and 6.0/2.1 with
egcs-1.1.2-12.  I remember when getting it up and running under 6.0 the
rotds went with asm_jump.gc, but I've been happily using asm_fast.gc for
some time now.  I can't remember what (if anything) I did to "fix" it (it
may have something to do with the `HAVE_INTTYPES_H=0' line in my
`configure.in'), but could find out for sure if you want to know.

Warwick