[mercury-users] C-Interface (Memory Management):regular expressions

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Sun Nov 15 17:32:58 AEDT 1998

On 14-Nov-1998, ingenuit <at at ingenuity-sw.com> wrote:
> I think the usefulness of regular expressions is obvious.
>
> As well, lex-type language grammars are based on reg. exp.
> It is much easier to be able to reuse those existing, proven,
> grammars in Mercury code when we have regex
> available.
>
> Please consider making them a part of Mercury's standard
> library else many will end up duplicating this same work.

If the original poster or anyone else is willing to contribute
a Mercury binding to a regex package, then (presuming it is of
reasonable quality) we'd be very happy to include it in the
Mercury distribution.

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs.mu.oz.au>  |  "Binaries may die
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>  |   but source code lives forever"