[mercury-users] Circular lists

Thomas Charles CONWAY conway at cs.mu.oz.au
Thu Nov 27 14:33:40 AEDT 1997

Richard A. O'Keefe, you write:
> That's all good, but was never in question for an instant.
> The question was, IS THERE A TOOL?  Is there a program I can give a
> set of files to which will tell me "this is ok, that may be a gc
> problem, that other thing may be worse still".
>
> Basically, I guess what I'm saying is that static checks are very much
> in the spirit of Mercury, so what static checks on the foreign interface
> are doable and likely to be done?

I guess we could emit a warning every time you return a string from C
code, or pass or return a complex type from C code, but to do anything
more would require impossible analysis of the C code itself (and
separate compilation only makes the problems worse).

Maybe we should emit a warning any time a module uses pragma c code?

Thomas
--
ZZ:wq!
^X^C
Thomas Conway               				      conway at cs.mu.oz.au
AD DEUM ET VINUM	  			      Every sword has two edges.