[mercury-users] Circular lists

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu Nov 27 14:24:26 AEDT 1997

	Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

	>     +---------------------------------------------------------+
	>     | Is there some tool that can be used to verify that the  |
	>     | Mercury foreign interface has been used in a useful but |
	>     | disciplined way that CAN'T break Mercury's type system, |
	>     | mode system, termination verification, or other safety  |
	>     | features?                                               |
	>     +---------------------------------------------------------+

    Thomas Charles CONWAY <conway at cs.mu.OZ.AU> replied

    listing a number of cases which are cerainly safe, and some which
    are used in a constrained way in the provided library, and assures
    us that the Mercury team have been very careful with their use of
    the foreign interface.

That's all good, but was never in question for an instant.
The question was, IS THERE A TOOL?  Is there a program I can give a
set of files to which will tell me "this is ok, that may be a gc
problem, that other thing may be worse still".

Basically, I guess what I'm saying is that static checks are very much
in the spirit of Mercury, so what static checks on the foreign interface
are doable and likely to be done?