[m-dev.] --no-assume-gmake

Zoltan Somogyi zoltan.somogyi at runbox.com
Thu Oct 20 18:08:42 AEDT 2016

I would like to delete the --no-assume-gmake option.

The reason is that I am working on the code in the compiler
that generates makefile fragments, and it would be annoying
to update the code paths that are only taken with this option.

We had a test in configure.in (now configure.ac) that aborted
autoconfiguration if the make program detected was not GNU make
since 1995, and some of the code executed for --no-assume-gmake
looks wrong to me anyway. Therefore I am pretty sure that deleting
this option won't break anything that isn't already broken. However,
I may be wrong.

Any votes, yeah or ney?

Zoltan.