[m-dev.] New wiki

Sebastan Godelet sebastian.godelet at outlook.com
Sun Mar 15 01:36:44 AEDT 2015

Hi,

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 00:36:32 +1100
Paul Bone <paul at bone.id.au> wrote:

> I've wanted to set up a wiki for some time.  The main reason is to
Have you looked at the GitHub wiki which is provided with every
repository?
https://help.github.com/articles/about-github-wikis/
To be honest I haven't really done anything bigger with that,
but it might avoid some concerns raised in this thread,
e.g. like having to create yet another login.
Additionally it can be set-up to prevent vandalism, there is full
control who can actively contribute.
I'm not sure where the wiki data then actually resides,
my best guess is at a branch of the repository, which is the way
GitHub repository/organisation web-pages work.
Not that I think hosting a wiki on its own (i.e. wiki.mercurylang.org)
is a bad thing,
just another thing to handle on a security/maintenance/time basis.

greetings,

Sebastian.