[m-dev.] Website mockups

Julien Fischer jfischer at opturion.com
Tue Jan 22 16:16:08 AEDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Michael Day <mikeday at yeslogic.com> wrote:

> The Mercury website mockups have been coded up in HTML and combined with the
> existing PHP-based site; you can click around it here:
>
> http://mercury.princexml.com

That looks great!

> I uploaded the files in a hurry, so there may be some broken links or other
> oddities here and there.
>
> Denny Gunawan did the redesign work and has committed the changes to Github
> as a fork of the Mercury website repository:
>
> https://github.com/mgx2206/www/tree/redesign-proposal
>
> There are still some technical details to tweak, for example it may be
> simpler to use PHP dynamically rather than using it as a static site
> generator as is currently done.

It probably would be; the existing websites use of PHP was always
a little bit eccentric.

One minor thing: "Bug Tracker" is listed on the menu on the side
but then "bug database" is also listed under "Development".  I don't
think the latter one is necessary.

> There is also plenty of text to revise, but this can be considered
> separately from the visual design :)

Indeed.

Cheers,
Julien.