[m-dev.] Patch: Tcl/Tk interface without '%' prompt

Jörg Roman Rudnick joerg.rudnick at t-online.de
Fri Jan 19 02:53:20 AEDT 2007

> With regard to naming, I think that the Tcl wrapper module should be
> called 'tcl' and the Tk interface built on it should be called 'tk',
> possibly also containing sub-modules as necessary.
Exactly the way I did it... :-) I split the Tcl part of mtcltk into
tcl.m, while for Tk I use a tk. .. tree, with tk.m serving as an
interface to allow a single handy `tk.' prefix, while Tk subcommands
like `canvas delete ...' are directly called from the submodules, i.e.
`tk.canvas.delete...'.

My aim is to keep close at the Tk syntax to allow reuse of the Tk docs,
to have a guide for further commits, to ease translation of Tcl/Tk
examples to Mercury, and to give Tcl/Tk'ers an easy start.

Of course, building an interface to GTK is a lot more demanding...

All the best,

       Nick