[m-dev.] running a single test in custom workspace (with modified standard library)

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Feb 1 17:32:19 AEDT 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Ondrej Bojar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to prepare a diff with a few handy functions added to the standard
> library. I am also adding a testcase for them.
>
> What is the quickest way to run a single specific test using the modified
> standard library? I'm simply confused by the many environment variables and I
> assume you must have a quick script/Makefile goal for this.
>
> So far, I can only run bootcheck and wait ages for the final test result, but
> I assume it would just help to set MERCURY_CONFIG_DIR or something like that
> to something correct and run the generic mmc wrapper or to set WORKSPACE to
> something correct and run 'mmake' in my workspace tests.

Use the lmc script (in the tools directory) and then
(I have the a copy of the script in my path and just do
export WORKSPACE=`pwd` at the top-level of the source tree whenever I want
to switch workspaces around.)

Then just tell mmake to use lmc as the Mercury compiler, e.g.

 	mmake test.depend MC=lmc
 	mmake test.runtest MC=lmc

Julien.