[m-dev.] 0.13 release

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Mar 1 16:25:17 AEDT 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Jonathan Morgan wrote:

> > * shared libraries on Cygwin and MinGW.
> >         - we have some support for this but it hasn't been tested
>

> I can try testing it, as Cygwin and MSYS are the standard systems I use.
> What is necessary to test it?

Uncommenting the code in configure.in that disables it (I think).

> Incidentally, here and throughout, when talking about MinGW are you talking
> about MinGW running on Cygwin (which I don't use) or the standalone MinGW
> running on MSYS (which I do use)?

Both.

> * `mmc --make' does not work with MinGW
>
> It does on my version of MinGW, built with MSYS - there it is mmake that
> does not work.

I've had the opposite experience.

> * fix up .NET backend
> >         - it generates invalid code for library/injection.m
> >         - make it work with .NET 2.0
> >         - Portable.NET/Mono(?)
>

> I'll try to get .NET 2.0 and test (on mercury-0.12.2).  I will generate a
> few samples as Peter suggested and post them to Mono/DotGnu lists.  However,
> I think mid-March is much too soon to expect results.

As far as the .NET backend goes, I don't want it to hold the release of 0.13,
so if it works great, if not, then I'm not intending to worry too much about
it (which is essentially what we did for 0.12).

Cheers,
Julien.