[m-dev.] 0.13 release

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 15:39:56 AEDT 2006

On 3/1/06, Julien Fischer <juliensf at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:

> It's time to start work on the 0.13 release.  Here are a proposed timeline
> and an initial todo list.
>
> Proposed timeline
> -----------------
>
> * freeze repository/create 0.13 branch - mid March
> * testing - late March, most of April
> * 0.13 release - late April or early May
>
> TODO list
> ---------
>
> * shared libraries on Cygwin and MinGW.
>         - we have some support for this but it hasn't been tested

I can try testing it, as Cygwin and MSYS are the standard systems I use.
What is necessary to test it?

Incidentally, here and throughout, when talking about MinGW are you talking
about MinGW running on Cygwin (which I don't use) or the standalone MinGW
running on MSYS (which I do use)?

* `mmc --make' does not work with MinGW

It does on my version of MinGW, built with MSYS - there it is mmake that
does not work.

* fix up .NET backend
>         - it generates invalid code for library/injection.m
>         - make it work with .NET 2.0
>         - Portable.NET/Mono(?)

I'll try to get .NET 2.0 and test (on mercury-0.12.2).  I will generate a
few samples as Peter suggested and post them to Mono/DotGnu lists.  However,
I think mid-March is much too soon to expect results.

* test MSVC support

I'd be happy to, but I'll need to get the platform SDK.

Jon