[m-dev.] [bug-fixen] [2nd send/no attachments] purity/style fixes for solver_types/library/any_<foo>.m

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 18 13:29:39 AEST 2006

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:

> In extras/solver_types/library/ the any_*.m modules do not compile
> under rotd-2006-07-10:  the compiler dies when it reached was it
> determines to be impure switches or if-then-elses with solver types.
>
> It also warns about what it determines to be inappropriate purity
> declarations.  ... I supposed much has changed since these modules
> where released, so I've attached the bug/warning fixes.

What has happened is that there are two copies of these modules, one used by
the G12 project and another in the Mercury extras distribution.  The former
have been updated to conform to changes in the compiler and the latter have
not.

By-and-large the copy in extras is pretty useless at the moment; I think
the intention was to add some examples that used solver types and that they
would have made use of them, but that has not (yet) happened.

Julien.