[m-dev.] Mercury build size and library versioning

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jul 15 20:08:35 AEST 2004

Peter Hawkins, Thursday, 15 July 2004:
> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:55 am, Ralph Becket wrote:
> > I get by quite happily with just two: asm_fast.gc.tr.debug for debugging
> > and either asm_fast.gc or hlc.gc (add .tr to those grades if you need
> > trailing.)
>
> I agree that for a specific installation I can get by with less. However I'm
> building the package for inclusion in debian, not just for my own use. What
> grades would you recommend that I include for general consumption, while
> still keeping the size down?

As you point out, the default set - or half the default set - takes up a
fair bit of room.  My inclination would be to go with the two I
suggested and provide clear (step by step) instructions as to how to
install other grades.

Hmm... would it be possible to have the extra grades as separate debian
packages that could be installed as needed?

-- Ralph