[m-dev.] Re: Help with release jobs

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 30 17:11:34 AEDT 2002

On 30-Oct-2002, Ralph Becket <rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> is there a list of tasks to be done for the release?  [...]
> can I help?

Thanks for the offer, Ralph.  Here's my current list.
I have annotated some of these with [fjh] indicating that they are
tasks which I will do.  For the rest, which are annotated with [unassigned],
volunteers woudl be very welcome!

Documentation issues:
- foreign language interface docs
        [fjh, posted for review]
- .NET back-end: update web page, WORK_IN_PROGRESS
        [fjh]
- mention MacOS support in NEWS file?
        [fjh]
- mention NaN issues in BUGS file -- see Peter Moulder's bug reports
	[unassigned]

Installation issues:
- fix bug with configure not removing generated .c (and .c_date) files if
        - grade=hlc.gc
        - --enable-gcc-backend
	[unassigned]
- report a proper error message if --enable-gcc-backend is specified
  but there is no working Mercury compiler installed
	[unassigned]
- test binary distribution
        - install in same directory
        - install in different directory
	[unassigned]

Platform-specific issues:
- test on Windows
	[fjh]
- enable/test/fix DLL support for Windows
  (& update WORK_IN_PROGRESS accordingly)
        [fjh]
- fix test failures on Solaris/x86
	[unassigned]