[m-dev.] Re: [m-rev.] for review: fix deep profiling test case failures

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Nov 12 22:17:08 AEDT 2002

On 31-Oct-2002, Zoltan Somogyi <zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> Fix several occurrences of a bug that prevented the compiler from passing
> all the tests in deep profiling grades. We now pass all the tests in deep
> profiling grades.

Actually, we don't, not now. We pass all the test cases that existed when
I wrote that sentence, but then someone added tests/warnings/up_to_date.m.
If you try to compile that with a compiler built in grade asm_fast.gc.profdeep,
the compiler aborts. I think the problem is somewhere in the handwritten code
implementing try/3, but I haven't located it precisely yet.

I have the deep profiler seemingly working again, though I haven't tested
it extensively yet. I intend to post a diff for that tomorrow, after I have
cleaned it up.

Zoltan.