[m-dev.] for review: turn off support for foriegn_code/3+

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Jan 22 19:32:42 AEDT 2001

On 22-Jan-2001, Tyson Dowd <trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU> wrote:
> I don't intend to commit this just yet, but when we have bootstrapped
> "enough" I will bootcheck and then commit this.  I am not sure when that will
> be.
>
> This is *just* for the mercury-latest branch.
> Estimated hours taken: 2
>
> configure.in:
> 	Check for foreign_proc, as we require it to work if we wish to
> 	bootstrap.
>
> compiler/prog_io_pragma.m:
> 	Remove support for foreign_code/3+.
> 	We only accept foreign_proc for these cases now.
>
> library/*.m:
> 	Turn foreign_code/3+ into foreign_proc by applying the
> 	following subsitutions:
>
> 	First turn all foreign_code into foreign_proc:
> 	s/foreign_code\(/foreign_proc\(/g
>
> 	Then turn back any foreign_proc with a string as its second
> 	argument.
>         s/foreign_proc(\("[A-Za-z0-9+]*",[ \t\n]*")/foreign_code$1/g

That looks fine.

I think it would be a good idea to wait a fair while before committing
the change to prog_io_pragma.m to remove support for foreign_code/3+
(longer than for the other changes).