[m-dev.] Re: [mercury-announce] announcing mercury 0.10

Erwan Jahier Erwan.Jahier at irisa.fr
Tue Feb 27 04:30:52 AEDT 2001

Hi,

| Mercury 0.10 is now available from the beta-releases directory
| on our web site and ftp site, and from the Swedish ftp mirror site.
| So there will be a 0.10.1 release sometime in the fairly near future.
| However, we'd appreciate it if you try out 0.10 and report any bugs
| that you find, so that they can be fixed in 0.10.1.

For info, I have downloaded and successfully `sh INSTALL_CVS'ed
mercury-compiler-0.10.tar.gz (using mercury-compiler-rotd-2001-02-18.tar.gz as
current mmc) on averell :

$ uname -a
Linux averell 2.0.34 #2 Thu Jul 9 10:57:48 EST 1998 i686 unknown

Unfortunately, Morphine is broken under 0.10 (under rotd-02-18 too). At a first
glance, one reason is that representation of variables have changed (e.g. from
`univ' to `univ_cons'). It seems quite easy to fix, but I have a few other
changes to do (for a few months now ...) and it seems that it is the good time
for me to submit those fixes very soon (I am bit busy with teaching rigth now
though).

When do you plan to package 0.10.1?

What is (roughly) the dead-line for me to submit my fixes if I want them to be
included in 0.10.1?

--
R1.