[m-dev.] for review: update text files for 0.10

Ralph Becket rbeck at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 5 23:41:08 AEDT 2001

>From Fergus Henderson on 05/02/2001 12:33:53
> On 05-Feb-2001, Ralph Becket <rbeck at microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Do you want bitmap and hash_table to go in this release?
>
> My knee-jerk response is "No!".

Thought it might!  I'll only check them into the main branch.

> > They're ready to roll.
>
> Have you got test cases for them for our test suite?

Erm... [looks sheepish].  I have got test cases, but they're not in
test suite form.  I'll make the necessary changes.

> > > +* We've added some new predicates to the Mercury standard library:
> > > +	array__map/3,
> > > +	bag__count_value/3,
> > > +	std_util__do_while/4.
> >
> > There are more... I'd really like to check in my array changes
> > adding array__{sort,fold[lr],permutation}.
>
> By all means check them in on the main branch
> (as usual presuming they've been tested, reviewed,
> etc., and that the review comments have been addressed).

> > There are a couple of changes in int.m that would be nice, including
> > func versions/replacements for abs, max and min.
>
> That sounds like a great idea.

For the main branch or the release?!  I'd also like to change
std_util__cons into a func - nobody uses it anywhere in the library or
the compiler or the extras and I've written `func(X, Xs) = [X | Xs]'
enough times that it's a pain.  Otherwise I can add a func version,
although this often causes annoying ambiguity problems with the
compiler.

Ralph Becket      |      MSR Cambridge      |      rbeck at microsoft.com