[m-dev.] Hinting configure

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Fri Apr 13 00:15:13 AEST 2001

On 01-May-2001, Terrence Brannon <princepawn at earthlink.net> wrote:
> uname -a on my Mac OS Box yields:
>
> Darwin localhost 1.3 Darwin Kernel Version 1.3: Thu Mar  1 06:56:40 PST 2001; root:xnu/xnu-123.5.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc
>

> What do I do so that ./configure knows what system I am on?

Well, you could try `./configure powerpc-apple-auxMacOSX'.
A slight lie, since MacOSX isn't really A/UX, but close enough
to the truth, and I don't think much of our code depends on it.

In the long term we need to update config.sub with one that knows
about MacOS X.  I'll bet the config.sub in the latest CVS version
of autoconf probably has MacOSX support.