[m-dev.] for review: build hlc.par.gc using MSVC

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Sep 6 18:59:37 AEDT 2000

On 31-Aug-2000, Peter Ross <peter.ross at miscrit.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For Fergus to review.
>
> I have only one unresolved issue for this change.
> Where the hell do I install libpar_gc.dll?  It needs to reside in the
> users $PATH, so that there programs can run.

/usr/local/mercury/bin perhaps?

I'm not sure what good style is for this.  I don't know whether there is
a good style.

> Estimated hours taken: 32
>
> Build the hlc.par.gc grade using MSVC.
>
> boehm_gc/NT_MAKEFILE:
> 	Seperate the rules for building libpar_gc.lib and libgc.lib as
> 	they use different makefiles.
> 	Use gc.mak to build libpar_gc.dll
> 	Note the thread safe garbage collector must be built as a dll
> 	according to the README.win32 documentation.
>
> boehm_gc/gc.mak:
> 	Change the name from gc.dll to libpar_gc.dll
> 	This gets built in the Release directory.
>
> boehm_gc/Mmakefile:
> 	Remove the Release directory as well.
>
> scripts/mgnuc.in:
> scripts/ml.in:
> 	Pass the appropiate flags to the c compiler and the linker to
> 	build in hlc.par.gc grade.
>
> util/mkinit.c:
> 	Delete a duplicate reference to GC_stackbottom.

This change looks OK.  As long as removing GC_stackbottom doesn't hurt
the non-Windows platforms, it should be fine to commit.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #  Surreal humour isn't everyone's cup of fur.