[m-dev.] diff: Re-enable DD test cases

Zoltan Somogyi zs at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 6 19:14:34 AEDT 2000

> > Where do the other 66 modules come from? Some from the browser and some
> > from the standard library, but I didn't think you needed to pull in *all*
> > the standard library modules.
>
> (Perhaps I have misunderstood your point?)

Yes, you have. That was a question about the number modules pulled into the
executable. I don't think the grade has anything to do with this.

> The tests can be run in grades with or without debugging, so there is
> one set of expected output files for each case.  If there is a difference,
> then the *.res files are generated from the *.exp2 files, so I have made
> the *.exp files be for debug grades, and the *.exp2 files be for
> non-debug grades (which the tests would be run in more often, I expect).
> That way, the *.res files usually wind up smaller.  The log message
> probably could have been clearer, I guess.

The .exp files should be from the non-debug grades.

The Mmakefile should be changed in all relevant directories so that it reports
the diff from either the .exp file or the .exp2 file, whichever diff is
smaller, but that is a separate change.

Zoltan.