[m-dev.] backup script

Mark Anthony BROWN dougl at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Jan 27 14:36:46 AEDT 2000

Robert Ernst Johann JESCHOFNIK writes:

> Heya.
>
> After being reminded about the existence of the backup script, I thought
> it would be a fairly good idea to make a backup of my stuff.
>
> rejj at ender:mbackups > backupdir ~/ender2/work/mercury/
> Changes in /home/stude/r/rejj/ender2/work/mercury//bindist, making new backup
> Changes in /home/stude/r/rejj/ender2/work/mercury//boehm_gc, making new backup
> Changes in /home/stude/r/rejj/ender2/work/mercury//browser, making new backup
> Changes in /home/stude/r/rejj/ender2/work/mercury//bytecode, making new backup
> /home/stude/r/rejj/bin/backupdir: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

This is similar to a symptom caused by a buggy version of sed
on the alphas.  You need

/home/mercury/public/apps/alpha/bin

in your path to use the correct version.
My first guess is that this is what is causing your problem.

Cheers,
Mark
--
Mark Brown, PhD student            )O+  |  "Another of Fortran's breakthroughs
(m.brown at cs.mu.oz.au)                   |  was the GOTO statement, which was...