[m-dev.] for review: direct retries

Tyson Dowd trd at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Jan 26 17:16:15 AEDT 2000

I started this review a while ago, but a system crash killed my session.
Since then Fergus reviewed the change, so I'll leave it at this comment.

> trace/mercury_trace_internal.c:
> trace/mercury_trace_external.c:
> trace/mercury_trace_declarative.c:
> 	Use the new implementation of retries. At the moment, only the
> 	internal debugger implements the full functionality. The declarative
> 	debugger issues retry commands only from situations where the missing
> 	functionality is not (yet) needed. The external debugger may need
> 	updating by Erwan.

Should you add MR_REQUEST_FAIL to the MR_debugger_request_type in
mercury_trace_external.c (and browser/debugger_interface.m)?

Given that we ship Morhpine now, I'm not sure whether it is a good idea
to break it.  Does this change break it?  taifun has the right tools to
run morphine, it is relatively easly to test it.  Perhaps we need to add
Morphine to the overnight tests?

Tyson.